
Ok folks...all you bandsters out there...here is a lesson for ya...If you feel like you have good restriction but you're still getting a little hungry between meals and you figure a little fill will set you straight....my advice is DON'T DO IT! Don't be greedy and get that fill. I am saving you a bunch of discomfort and aggravation. If you have read my previous posts all I talked about was how I needed a fill and in retrospect I should have just stayed where I was. Even though I wasn't losing weight super fast (I was still losing) I still had good restriction but was getting a little hungry (which now I know was just head hunger which I could have cured with a piece of fruit or some water).
For the past two weeks I have been over filled....I was trying to tough it out because it helped me reach my goal to Onderland but only being able to eat one or two bites of food and having acid reflux daily and PB-ing every other day is not fun. Not to mention being dehydrated and having no energy was a receipe for disaster! I could have made my band slip from all the PB-ing. I feel like I cheated my way to Onderland. So this morning I had to go get an unfill because I just couldnt take it anymore. It was getting progressively better but I just couldn't take another day without being able to drink all my water or eat real food. The nurse told me I might gain about 3 lbs back because I only lost due to being dehydrated. But you know what...I'll take that and just work harder to get those lbs back off. She ended up taking out a total of .5 cc's (from this unfill and the unfill from last week). At least this way I will enjoy my vacation a little bit more. I think this puts me back to about 7.2 ccs total in my band.
I was going a little psycho being obsessed about making it to my goal before my year is up. I am on my 7th banded month I don't know why I am rushing? So as they say....slow and steady wins the race! I just hope I can listen to my OWN advice.
don't rush it! keep chugging along at a safe pace.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder. Reading others blog helped prevent me from going in after I ate those 4 pieces of pizza over a month ago. I thought...well that's it...I need a fill...but i dont really. And with several people getting overfilled after they debate on whether or not to get a fill...I just decided I would wait.
ReplyDeleteJust remember, you actually need food to fuel your body to burn the fat.. take it easy..
ReplyDeletexx Nene
Hi...it's me Enigma13 from LBT. You are sooo right!!! This happened to me too, but it was after I was sick with sinuses for a few weeks. All of a sudden I couldn't eat anything, and I lost about 5 pounds in 1 week - got me to 199, but I knew it was b/c I couldn't eat. I went and had an unfill and had to wait 8 weeks and 2 separate fills to get me back to just under what I was. I gained back b/c I could eat everything again...a poor choice on my part. I am back to my weight before I got sick which is good, so now I know I do NOT need another fill! Good luck!
ReplyDelete