Monday, March 29, 2010

...re-newed motivation...

Ok...so yes I did lose my 100 lbs....but guess what...i gained 10 lbs back....I guess all this attention and people telling me I am at a good size left me a little "full of myself" literally...lol! I've been eating like I have been skinny all my life...I need a fill (i think) because I can eat pretty much whatever I want. The portions are not huge but they are bigger that what they used to be. I have an appointment on wednesday for a fill. I have not had a fill since january(?). My job changed my insurance so i had to get re-approved to show that adjustments are "medically necessary". I went once a month for a fill...even if it was for a teeny-weeny amount...getting fills kept me on track and made me feel like i had a reason to do the right things.


All in all this experience has been really great for me. But it has left me to wonder am I REALLY obsessed with this? Should I leave well-enough alone???....I actually hit 90 lbs lost around october so i have been r e a l l y s l o w about getting to my 100 lbs lost. I think my body may be trying to tell me...ok enough! but that's not what I want! Tonite I spent hours looking at before and afters on LBT and OH...I must have changed my final goal in my head 13 times! lol...why must I have a number in my head to drive me nuts about getting to? Ultimately, I just want to look good and feel good!


This weekend I was feeling like a fat cow since i put on those 10 lbs in about a week and a half time...i know most of it is due to bloating because my "monthly bill" and the other has been craving sweets like crazy (and feeding into that craving!)...eating a bunch of JUNK (sliders, you know, greasy foods that go down easily) AND not exercising like I used to. I can already see that I am going to have to exercise at least daily for the rest of my life. My bat wings are coming back...


I always have to take a photo to see that I am truly the size that I am because I dont see it when I look in the mirror. So here is the pic that I took just before hitting a bar on saturday nite...and I had one drink and 3 chicken wings...(the chicken wings almost got stuck but I was too ashamed to walk to the restroom clear across the bar because my shoes stretched and were flapping on my feet and I didnt want to trip and fall...lol...so I made the chicken stay down. I didnt have any business eating them anyway so that's what I get! lol)
So when I look at the pic I think...ok...not so bad...but I can definitely see the 10 lbs....some people might look at the pic and say you look great but why can't I see that myself? I think after any weight loss surgery there should be mandatory mental health counseling. Body image is a big issue..you see the weight-loss but you dont SEE the weight-loss...you know? I may have to seek some counseling soon because i cant talk to my friends about it because they dont understand and all they do is call me crazy which I get sick of hearing.
Has anyone else had that issue of not "seeing" themselves after weight loss? I really would like to hear about it...email me and tell me what did you do about it....

3 comments:

  1. I think that both of us dont really know where are bodies are supposed to be. I mean, we compare ourselves to those who are thinner, or to the stupid BMI charts, etc...

    My plan is to continue to make healthy choices a majority of the time, keep moving, and just let my body see where I need to stop. Now, I know that being 200 pounds is still not healthy, and I intend to lose more...but I think its okay that it is slower. I am lessed stressed about it. Of course, it still sucks when the scale doesnt move, but I think this is like the second phase for us and it's time to rethink things again.

    ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to find someone in the same boat I am! I'm trying to figure out goal and maintenance. I can't wait to see how you figure this out too. About 1.5 years ago I Googled my body image problems and now I use that term; BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) all over my blog. I didn't see myself as fat as I was and now I can't see myself as thin! Hang in there...the head part is the hardest! -BG
    I'm here:
    http://bandgroupiethesweetspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! I get where you're coming from about the mental attitude of attaining the 100lb loss and then going a bit wild...last time I lost loads of weight and got back into some skinny jeans (many many years ago) I thought, I'm so slim I can eat anything...and did! Wow did that weight go back on quick. That was obviously pre-WLS and I'm determined not to let it happen again (fingers firmly crossed. Good luck getting your head back in the right place and saying goodbye to those 10 little suckers.

    Sparkler xx
    http://sparklersstory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete