boy do i have the writing bug this week! i just wanted to chime in and say happy admin day to anyone out there in this profession. everyone knows that we do all the work to make the companies run as they should yet we dont get the kudos, accolades, appreciation, BONUSES, etc...that we deserve! I have been in the admin field at least 15 years (or more). I work for an engineering firm (9 years here) and although my title is Marketing Coordinator I am also the office manager/administrative assistant/accounting department/HR department/IT department/graphic design department/receptionist on some days/office bully/ when something has to get done but does not have a name attached as to who is supposed to do it, its most likely me.....
so here's my dilemma...usually i get a few offers for lunch...and I am the "free lunch hustler!" if anyone needs a special favor from me it almost ALWAYS costs them lunch...which they don't mind because everyone knows I dont eat much (not all of them know exactly why). Since I have really been trying to crack down and get back on the wagon i dont know if i can resist the free lunches...i know the simple solution would be to take the lunch but order something healthy....well...yeah...I can do that BUT sometimes i feel like i should get the best lunch i can even if it is a big ol sizzling plate of fajitas! lol! knowing i can only eat half of one fajita...lol...(i really just get it for the leftovers and take them to my mom) but basically I'm trying to be good..i've been good so far this week and its only wednesday and i've already lost a pound (i've been really restricted lately and had to walk 2 miles yesterday...accidently). so...ok here's why i love this blog...i just answered my own question....yes, i'm going to take the lunches and use self control and eat lite...i will have to treat myself to some ice cream today but its ok....we all deserve a treat sometime and I havent had any since last week (my name is michelle and i'm an ice-cream-aholic)....PLUS...good ol...aunt flo is still hanging around with her cravings that are driving me nuts! (i ate 3 peanut m&m's yesterday...tee-hee).
So the thing is...its all about SELF CONTROL! I'm going to exercise it as best as I can. (at least thats what i'm telling myself.)
TTYL!
No comments:
Post a Comment