Thursday, June 3, 2010

...running to starbucks...

just another random thought of mine for the day....

So i've been trying to figure out how I can still eat what i like, in moderation, of course but still lose weight. MY solution seems to be running...yep...i think if I run more often that will do the trick...i just read an article on WebMD that said if you start running expect to drop weight...so now....my running experience has been practically nil....i mean i run a little on the treadmill like 20 seconds here and there just to do some intervals in my workout. I used to be very good at it before my downhill decline in working out...so now i must work my way back up. So on wednesday i ran a full 60 seconds! I'm going to try to increase that a few seconds at a time daily until i can get up to running at least 20-30 minutes straight. i would like to be able to run a 5k one day but i dont see that happening anytime soon. i would also like to invest in a good heart rate monitor....while my new treadmill has a monitor on it I dont feel that it is accurate and i can never find my pulse to do it manually then i have to get off the treadmill to do it...so that's just too much extra work. I just need one of those wrist thingys so i can just look at it and know i'm in my ZONE.

another random thought....


so tuesday night i did 3 miles on the tready....and burned almost 500 calories in one hour (who'd a thunk it?)! i think that helped me yesterday as i ate barbeque and a big ol fat piece of red velvet cake with my bestie yesterday...i only went up by 4 ounces on the scale this morning...so i'm not too terribly pissed but i'm still not under 1 friggin 95 again yet.

another random thought....

i'm pissed!!! somebody won my powerball money! dammit i was trying to let it get up to $300 million before i win it that way i'll have enough to share but oh well....maybe i should stop thinking so greedy and the next time it will be mine! mmoooowwwwaaahhhhhh!!!! (my evil laugh...lol)

another random thought....

i go from one thing to another....first it was cheese....then ice cream...now starbucks frappucinos and cake...i just looked up that dam cake i been eating at starbucks....a whopping 440 cals per slice! on top of my 400 cal frap!!! dam! that's more than half of my days calories right there! i was coerced into having some today at lunch on top of the mexican food i ate...so i guess i wont be eating again until tomorrow.....Tready here i come! i'm trying to work off 600 cals today!


tata!!

7 comments:

  1. You are a gorgeous lady!

    I have to say I never got the Starbucks bug. But I've been reading for the last month or so about how ridiculous the calories are and I can guarantee I will never get the Starbucks bug now! It all seems so insane!

    And now you've got me inspired to try running. I hate running always have - even when I was five. But dangit...if it's that good...and so many people think it is...maybe I should figure it out! But I love swimming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Yeah I dont do the hot drinks at Starbucks but the Fraps certainly got my attention and I need to quit because they are nothing but liguid fat.

    so many workout freaks have told me that if i started running the weight would just fall off. i was always afraid of running because i had big boobs and could never find a working sports bra but now that i have deflated flap jacks its easy to find a bra and not hard at all to run. I just need to build up the endurance.

    I so wish i could swim...i was always terrified of learning to swim as a kid and still have not learned to this day. I just cant stand water in my eyes, nose or ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good mama!!
    do you get the fraps lights? the one that i get is 170 cals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - I can't comment - cuz you're too hot and I'm speechless. Seriously - you're stunning...and I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a lovely lady. Love the haircut.

    Have you tried the couch to 5K program? I was never a runner even back in the days when I used to be a workout fiend. I like C25K because it eases you into running and there are new goals each week. I found that to be very motivating. I'm on the last week of the program but will have to repeat it, it's been kicking my butt. As tough as it though, it makes me feel really good after, like I'm actually accomplishing something. Good luck with the running I'm sure you'll have good results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Carmen...thanks!!! girl no way! i can't do a frap light i love love love whipped cream way too much! :) I might as well drink a frap out of the bottle...no fun...lol

    @Drazil...thank you so much!:) I want to look like you in a bikini!! hot hot hot!

    @Bianca...thanks!! i've never heard of that program...i'll look it up online. I definitely want to start running more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh at your post today. We sound so much alike with the random thoughts. Especially the one about the powerball. Uggh, that was so my money!!

    Anyway, girl I think I have said this before but you are stunning. I agree with Draz, and 195 looks great on you. Dang it, I'm so looking forward to being able to look that good.

    ReplyDelete